State Pension Forecast Guide – BR19
Step 1 – Follow the link: https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
Step 2 – Click the “Start Now” button.
Step 3 – You will be asked to log in via your ‘Government Gateway’ or ‘GOV.UK Verify’ account.
If you already have a Gateway account, sign in; you’ll receive a text/email access code and, once entered, will be taken straight through to the “Your state pension summary” page…. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Print your State Pension Summary” option, click this, print to pdf and save to your computer/phone ready to be sent over to us by email!
If you don’t already have a Gateway account, choose the “Create an account” option.
For a GOV.UK Verify account, which should take around 15 minutes to set up, you will need:
⦁ A UK address
⦁ A valid UK passport or photo card driving license
To create a Government Gateway account:
1. Click “create sign in details”
2. Enter your email address – this will trigger a code being sent to your email; once received, input your code and click “confirm”
3. Enter your full name
4. Create a password
5. Set up a recovery word
Make a note of your Gov Gateway ID (this will be emailed to you as well)
6. Choose the type of account you need – this will be “individual” in most cases
7. Set up Extra Security – this is easiest through a text message; enter your mobile number and click “Send Access Code” – this will trigger a code being sent to you via text
8. Enter your received access code
9. You will now be taken through to the “Check your State Pension” page
10. Click “Continue” underneath “You need to confirm your identity”
Step 4 – Sign in using the Government Gateway ID and password that you have just created – You will then be sent a new access code via text – enter this and click “continue”
Step 5 – Enter you first name, surname, national insurance number and date of birth on the “We need to confirm who you are” page.
Step 6 – Next, you need to “choose a way for us to identify you” – you have the option of using a recent payslip or valid UK passport:
For the payslip option, you will need to enter:
⦁ How much National Insurance is shown in the “deductions” section of a recent payslip
⦁ How much Income Tax is shown in the “deductions” section of a recent payslip
For the passport option, you will need to enter:
⦁ Your passport number
⦁ The date of issue on your passport
Step 7 – On completion of verifying your identity you will be taken straight through to the “Your state pension summary” page…. Simply scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Print your State Pension Summary” option. You can change your printer to “send to PDF” and save to your computer/phone ready to be sent over to us by email! Easy peasy!
And that’s it! – Of course, if you have any issues or need help with any of the above, don’t hesitate to call the Financial Fortress offices on 01244 319962 and we’ll be more than happy to help!