We hope you are enjoying your day and spending time with your family, but when the festivities are over maybe you should start thinking of your new year’s resolutions! Here is our short guide to sorting out your finances:
- Review your mortgage and make sure you have the cheapest interest rate
- Look at your pensions – where are they invested and what are the costs?
- Review any debts, can you get a 0% APR?
- Shop around for your gas/electric/broadband
- Try to save an emergency fund, aim for 3 months income as a minimum if possible!
You may be surprised what you can achieve but our advice is simple, get it done today (well maybe not on the 25th) but get it in your new diary and calendars to face the facts and sort out your very own Financial Fortress!